Tel.: +358 41 525 0067
I am an expert in teaching and learning - specialised in ICT in education and professional development. I have worked mainly as a self-employed trainer for the past five years. Since 2016 I have worked also as a part-time expert and teacher at the School of Professional Teacher Education at TAMK - Tampere University of Applied Sciences. I have done my master's degree in adult education and worked with continuous professional development for more than 15 years. I speak Finnish, English and some German and Swedish.
|This badge is designed for Finnish |
It is made by Ilona IT Ltd
for the BETT Show 2015.
Since 2009 my main areas have been working with ICT in education, e-learning, social media and mobile learning. I have worked with companies, public administration, organizations and especially with educational institutions - from elementary to higher education.
My previous work experience includes working at the Brahea Centre at the University of Turku, Center of Educational Technology at the City of Tampere and at the Faculty of Education in the University of Tampere. Our unit at the university educated, researched and developed processes for learning, counselling and evaluation in work communities. Personally I specialized in problem-based learning, co-operative learning and learning at work.
Presentations in English (Year 2018)
- The ANGE project, Erasmus+, Novida, Loimaa 20.3.2018
- Lappeenranta University of Technology 19.3.2018
- Creating e-learning courses (slides)
- YWeLP-project, Helsinki 19. and 22.2.2018
- H5P content types -slides (Monday & Thursday)
- Web page for H5P content types: h5p.org (examples, tutorials etc.)
- For project members: 2018.sandbox.moodle.mu.ie/login/index.php
- More H5P examples by Matleena (in Finnish/English)
- ChemSAR Project, Partner workshop Helsinki 7.2.2018
Mobie eSmart Learning Environment (in Chinese)
Mobie eSmart learning environment by the Finnish Mobie Ltd has been developed in co-operation with 100 Finnish schools. I have been training personnel of companies, schools and public administration to create online courses and Mobie Zine publications since 2014 in Finland, Sweden and Estonia. Besides training I have been building courses for companies based on their own learning materials. (More information in Finnish.)
- Slides: OnEdu Learning Environment and OnEdu Course Structure (animation 0:35 min.)
- Slides: Mobie Zine Publications and How to Use OnEdu Forms?
- Examples of Mobie Zine HTML5 electronic publication system: Ministry of Finance: Economic Survey, Summer 2017; The World Gymnaestrada 2015, - Volunteer Manual (in English, in Spanish).
- Mobie eSmart includes H5P content types for creating interactive content. Here you can view examples of almost all H5P tools and there are also good tutorials available. My slides (Feb 2018) show how and what kind of content you can easily create to Moodle. Tools are same in Mobie eSmart and they can even be imported to/from other environments.
Previous presentations in English
- Chongqing University of Sciences and Technology, China
- On July 2017 I trained new university teachers in Chongqing in China. I worked with a colleague TAMK lecturer Hanna Saraketo and interpreter Li Zhang. I wrote three blog post in Finnish language: Ensikertaa Kiinassa, Chongqing, hot pot ja munakoiso and Kiinassa opettajia kouluttamassa.
- Introduction to education in Finland and some pedagogical approahes and methods (slides)
- Ict and digitalization in teaching and learning (slides)
- Footprints across Europe, Erasmus KA2, City of Akaa 4.-5.4.2017; Slides and Padlet.
- ICT and Social Media in Education, Networking and Sharing (2015)
- University Pedagogical Studies (4 ects), University of Vaasa, with Satu Öystilä (2015)
- Pedagogy in the Key Role! (several presentations of PAOK Network and/or Center for Educational Technology, City of Tampere, 2009-2014)
- Teacher training in Finland and the work environment in upper secondary and VET schools, Study Visit (2009)
- Open the Classroom's door! Present situation and future of eLearning models in Vocational Education and Learning – case Tampere region, PLIMe Seminar presentation with Anne Suoniemi (2009)
- Supporting the Change, PBL-PD Program as the Dynamo for Teachers' Empowerment and Organizational Change (paper presentation with Sari Poikela)
- FACE The Annual Conference of the Forum for the Advancement of Continuing Education, Ireland, Cork (2005)
- International Conference on Problem- Based Learning, Problem-Based Learning - Bridging Work and Education, Finland, Lahti (2005)